Thursday, December 20, 2007

and THIS is why I'm against the war in Iraq...
















First, her name is Mary R. McHugh and this is a photo of her grieving at the grave site of her late fiancee James J. Regan, who was killed in combat in Iraq. If you'd like to read more about him, you can do so here.

What have we gained from this war? Yes, we have removed a dictator from power, but is that alone worth it? Not only have we lost so many fellow Americans like Sergeant Regan, but tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis as well. It has also been established that the war in Iraq has actually made the region MORE dangerous and America is even more danger than it was before the war.

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and heartache this lady is going to, nor do I want to. Even if this was the only soldier to perish Is the removal of a non-aggressive dictator remotely worth the pain Ms. McHugh is feeling right now?  Especially since by removing said dictator, the country is even more dangerous and unstable.

I'm going to give my girlfriend an extra long embrace tonight.

...my heart aches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home